Thursday, August 11, 2011
Five Points
Five Points is THE place in Columbia. One of my undergrad profs had his major dissertation break through while sitting in a bar in Five Points with the house band (later known as Hootie and the Blowfish---if you don't know who they are, you are entirely too young to be reading my blog!) playing in the background. The first bit of advice that I received upon learning that I would be moving here was to go check it out. This is where one finds most of the "urban recreation" venues. So, for you USC folks out there, I have down as commanded! I walked away from my first Five Points experience with a $10 giftcard to the local bar & grill, Harper's. This was the third place prize from trivia. We would have won first had it not been for all of the college football questions. Oh well, we'll get 'em next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great story! (hey, I recognize that guy...). Your Five Points experience seems like it's off to a nice start, Laura.
ReplyDelete